Форум
Друзья, в связи с обновлением нашего сайта и форума, Вам потребуется "Напомнить" себе пароли. Есть проблемы - пишите в почту Snake.
Добро пожаловать, Гость
Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня

Although James is leaving after his second stint
(1 чел.) (1) гость
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Although James is leaving after his second stint

Although James is leaving after his second stint 2 мес. назад #3254

• panxing18
  • Вне сайта
  • Гуру
  • Постов: 92
CLEVELAND (AP) — Jim Brown has spent much of his post-NFL career fighting for social justice and change.

However William Perry Jersey , the Hall of Fame running back would never kneel during the national anthem.

The 82-year-old Brown, who championed civil rights during his playing career and became an activist in retirement, said Tuesday night that he respects players’ rights to do what they want but his preference is they would stand during “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

“I’ll never kneel and I will always respect the flag,” said Brown, who spoke before an HBO premiere of “Hard Knocks,” which is chronicling the Cleveland Browns in training camp.

Brown was asked how he would resolve the anthem issue, which has plagued the league for two years.

“Well, if you take the bottom line Tramon Williams Jersey , what are we talking about? We’re talking about freedom to express one’s self, and if you don’t break any rules then you have that particular right,” he said.

“I am not going to denigrate my flag and I’m going to stand for the national anthem. I’m fighting with all of my strength to make it a better country, but I don’t think that’s the issue. Because what is the top side? Are you not going to stand up? This is our country, man.

“We work hard to make it better and that’s my attitude, so I don’t relate to this issue because it’s newsworthy because where are your superstars? And where are they at? Aren’t they making comments?”

Protests during the anthem have enveloped the league since former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick took a knee to protest social injustice.

The NFL modified its anthem protocol in May, prohibiting demonstrations for 2018, but allowing players to remain in the locker room during the anthem.

The players’ union filed a grievance Brett Maher Jersey , and the change has been tabled while the NFL and NFLPA work on a resolution.

BEREA, Ohio (AP) LeBron James is inspiring more than just kids with his school in Akron.

Cleveland Browns cornerback T.J. Carrie said Wednesday that the NBA star has motivated him and other athletes to be more active in their communities. ”Are we doing enough?” Carrie asked.

Earlier this week, James, who recently left the Cleveland Cavaliers and signed with the Los Angeles Lakers, opened the I Promise School, a year-round facility designed for at-risk kids and their families, in his hometown.

The school is funded by a partnership between Akron City Schools and the LeBron James Family foundation. Along with a curriculum that caters to a student’s needs, the school has a food pantry and provides transportation and other educational resources to some of the city’s most needy residents. It currently serves only third- and fourth-grade students Marcus Martin Jersey , but the school plans expand to grades 1-8 by 2020.

Carrie, who signed with the Browns as a free agent in March after four seasons with Oakland, said James’ efforts lead him to want to do more. Two years ago, the 28-year-old launched his own youth foundation.

”I’m talking to my team now,” he said. ”OK, LeBron’s doing this, we’re not on his level, but the level that we’re on http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com/quintin-demps-jersey , what can we do to achieve and make a huge difference within the community out here?”

Carrie said some of his teammates have discussed ways in which they can help others.

Carrie also has Ohio connections. The California native played at Ohio University before being drafted by the Raiders in 2014.

Although James is leaving after his second stint with the Cavaliers, Carrie believes his work in Ohio remains.

”LeBron has done an amazing job here in the state of Ohio, period,” Carrie said. ”It sets precedents for what we should do as athletes on how we are a role model to a lot of kids that we may not know, that we may not see but that know us.”

Lonnie Walker Jersey
  • Страница:
Время создания страницы: 0.28 секунд